Star Trek: The Original Series debuted in 1966 and has since evolved from a sci-fi series to an iconic franchise. Over the last five decades, Star Trek has been featured in films, television sequels, and licensed merchandise. It was only a matter of time until Star Trek caught the eyes of gaming developers across the globe.
IGT, the company behind the popular game Cleopatra, currently has two Star Trek slot games available for gamers: Star Trek and Star Trek: Against All Odds. If you are a gamer looking for the next great title to enjoy or a fan of the Star Trek franchise, searching for another way to enjoy your favorite series, learn more about why these two slots, inspired by the recent films by J.J. Abrams, are arguably two of the best ways to pass the time.
The Star Trek Slot Machine At SkyCity
Star Trek slot machine is based on the 2009 film and was originally created by WagerWorks. This slot game became a member of the IGT family when WagerWorks and IGT merged in 2011. You can find Star Trek slot machine at Skycity online Casino. For a Skycity casino bonus go here.
Star Trek features 30 paylines, five reels, and a return percentage of 92.5% to 95%. With bonus spins, free spins, and more, this slot machine is a hit amongst gamers, regardless of whether they are into Star Trek or not.
The symbols and available payouts for this game look like this:
- Captain Kirk: Pays 1,000 for five symbols, 300 for four symbols, and 50 for three symbols
- Spock: Pays 750 for five symbols, 200 for four symbols, and 40 for three symbols
- Uhura: Pays 400 for five symbols, 125 for four symbols, and 30 for three symbols
- Scotty: Pays 300 for five symbols, 100 for four symbols, and 20 for three symbols
- Enterprise: Works as the bonus symbol
- Ace: Pays 125 for five symbols, 30 for four symbols, and 10 for three symbols
- King, Queen, Jack, and 10: Pays 100 for five symbols, 20 for four symbols, and 5 for three symbols
- Star Trek Icon: The wild symbol (substitutes for Kirk, Scotty, Spock, Ace, and Uhura through 10)
Players can also earn even more money by unlocking a bonus round. When the necessary bonus is achieved, a bonus is triggered that gives players a scatter pay that is worth three times the total wager. This bonus game includes:
- Kirk’s Bonus: Winning combinations are tripled and you receive as many as six free spins. This bonus can be re-triggered which means players can win as many as 250 free spins.
- Spock’s Bonus: During this phase of the game, extra wild symbols are on the reels. This usually allows players to win even more credits and free spins so you can keep playing for longer.
- Uhura’s Bonus: Extra wild and scatter symbols increase the credits won during a round.
- Scotty’s Bonus: Players receive at least 10 free spins and a 5x multiplier. After five spins, the multiplier doubles in size.
Star Trek: Against All Odds
Another popular Star Trek slot game developed by IGT is Star Trek: Against All Odds. Rather than the standard 5-reel design, this game features a 3-4-5-4-3 reel configuration.
Star Trek: Against All Odds offers a payback percentage of 92.5% to 95%. The included Multiway Xtra feature allows the game symbols to pay both directions which means there are 720 possible winning combinations.
Symbols and payouts for Star Trek: Against All Odds are as follows:
- Federation Logo: Pays 1,000 for five matches, 150 for four matches, and 50 for three matches.
- Captain Kirk: Pays 500 for five matches, 75 for four matches, and 25 for three matches.
- Spock: Pays 300 for five matches, 40 for four matches, and 20 for three matches.
- McCoy: Pays 125 for five matches, 30 for four matches, and 15 for three matches.
- Pavel Chekov: Pays 100 for five matches, 25 for four matches, and 10 for three matches.
- Transporter: Works as the wild symbol and substitutes for all other symbols except for the Enterprise and red matter. It only appears on reels two, three, and four.
- Ambassador Spock’s Ship: Five of these symbols are required to unlock the main bonus round.
- Phaser, Alien, and Romulan Disruptor: These symbols pay 100 for five matches, 20 for four matches, and 5 for three matches.
- Red Matter: Serves as the game’s scatter symbol. The number of scatters you get determines your multiplier. For example, if you get three scatters, you get a 3x multiplier, while five scatters pay 100x your wager.
Like with the first Star Trek slot game, there is a good chance you will be awarded a bonus round or special feature at some point during your gameplay. The most notable extra from Star Trek: Against All Odds include:
- Energizer Wilds: When this feature is triggered, the sparkling energy beam of the transporter appears and changes two to five symbols into wilds.
- Enterprise Defender Bonus: To activate the main bonus, you need to get five Ambassador Spock spacecraft symbols. Once you get five of these symbols, you will be thrown into a scenario where you are called upon to defend the Enterprise for 45 seconds against Romulan attackers. You can fire weapons on the ship to destroy the enemies until the shields are diminished, all while earning points.
Your final score is what determines your rank. Possible ranks include lieutenant, commander, and captain. The rank you earn also determines which bonus multiplier you achieve; from 6,500x for lieutenant to 22,500x for captain. When the bonus is complete, you will be taken to a wheel where you can earn credits or extra spins.
Star Trek is a franchise that has been immensely popular for decades, with no sign of slowing down. Star Trek-themed slots have brought IGT great success, all while players have benefited from the unique entertainment each game title provides.